We do offer a taster day in September so you can pop in and sample some of the food provided by Chartwells who will be there to answer any of your questions.
From Year 3 onwards, children whose parents are getting any of the following are entitled to free school meals:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support (IS).
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA).
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment you get for a further 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
- To apply go to: https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/education-and-training/schools-and-learning/at-school/pupil-premium.aspx
Abbey School’s Online Ordering System
Our hot school meals, provided by Chartwells, are ordered online.
Please visit : https://dorset.mealselector.co.uk/ to register and order your meals. Please note, our school is listed under ‘T’ for ‘The Abbey’
Please note – Orders must be placed by midnight Sunday at least two full weeks in advance.
If for any reason you are unable to access a computer from home, we will make a computer available for you in school so you can come in and place your order.
In the meantime, if you have any queries on this, please come and see us in the office and we will explain how it all works.
What is the deadline for ordering meals?
The deadline for ordering meals is midnight on Sunday, one full week (7 days) prior to the complete week before the meal is served. This deadline is dictated to Chartwells by both their suppliers and by the supply chain to ensure delivery to our Dorset Schools.
How do I order my choice of meals?
The choice of meal is made at point of ordering. You can choose either a Standard Meal, Vegetarian Meal or Alternative Choice each day.
What should I do if I need to cancel a meal after the online cut off point?
In the event that you may need to cancel a meal after the online cut off i.e. due to sickness, you can do so by telephone on 01202 691 038. Due to the meals already having gone through our production process we will require a minimum of 72 hours’ (not including weekends) notice in order to cancel any meals and offer a credit for those meals. Please see our terms and conditions for further information or alternatively you can contact us at BPDAdmin@compass-group.co.uk
How far in advance can I order meals?
You can order meals as far in advance as you would like. For example you can order on a week by week basis, monthly basis or for a whole term in one go. The online system will also allow you to book meals for the following term however as our menus change on a termly basis you will not be able to see the meal options for the following term until the new menu has been approved and loaded online.
Do Chartwells cater for children with special dietary requirements?
Yes, Special Diets are catered for by Chartwells.
If your child has an allergen or intolerance then a special diet menu can be supplied, provided requests for these are supported by a medical report such as a letter from your GP or hospital dietician. Requests for special diets should be made direct to Chartwells (see Contact Us) with a supporting letter. A special diet menu to suit your special diet request will then be agreed upon and we will require the special diet approval form to be signed prior to providing any special diet meals.