PTFA minutes June 2019
PTFA minutes February 2019
PTFA minutes – January 2019
PTFA AGM Minutes September 2018
Minutes of Meeting June 2018
Minutes of the meeting April 2018
Minutes of the meeting March 2018
Minutes of the meeting January 2018
April Meeting 2017
MINUTES OF ABBEY SCHOOL PTFA 27th April 2017
Introduction and apologies
Sarah welcomed all those present which were:-
Alison Hawthorn (AH), Sarah Beauchamp (SB), Nicci Judd (NJ), Amy Davies (AD) and Sarah Adams (SA)
Apologies had been received from Pete Meacham (PM), Richard Wykeham (RW), Joan Bachelor (JB), Lucy Young (LY), Lou Sandy (LS) and Kate O’Farrell (KF).
Minutes of the last meeting held on 21st February 2017
The minutes of the last meeting had been circulated to all members. The Committee adopted the minutes.
Current bank balance is £13,053.96
Gift Aid from previous tax year: £857.47
Bags 4 School: £242.00
Fashion Show: £362
Easter Bingo £710
12 Ukele’s £233.82
£70 book vouchers for poetry competition prizes
- IT project – AD stated that the Ipads had been used for the first time today. Year 3 had used the them to research Romans. Regarding the computers from Wessex AD confirmed that one of the screens had be installed in the ITC room. AH requested an invoice for items purchased and will speak to Mrs French regarding this.
AD requested equipment to enable the teachers Ipads to project to the whiteboard. LS currently has a cable, but this would mean teachers would be “tied”. AD suggested Apple TV boxes which would communicate with the whiteboard. They did not need to be the up to date model and would cost in the region of £60-£70 each. All were in agreement to fund the cost, seeing as money had been spent on obtaining the Ipads.
- School Grounds Project – No news at present. AH stated that Trudi Green would like to be involved in the stomping ground and playground and part of the planning process. AD will chase Taskforce.
- M & Co & PTFA fashion show was held on the 17th March at the Shaftesbury store. £362 raised and thanks Nicci Judd for organising this event and M& Co hosting. Unfortunately it was poorly supported by school parents, only 6 people attending. Approximately 45 “out of school” people attending.
- Easter Bingo took place on the 6th April 2017. This was a huge success with £710 made. Sincere thanks to Roxy Gale for organsing and Becky Russell, Natalie Gumbleton and Roxy’s Mother in Law for helping out on the night. It was requested an earlier “eyes down” of 7pm.
- Bags to school – £242 was raised on March’s collection. Katie Pike had volunteered for this project for next academic year assisted by KF. The next pick up would be 7th July 2017 and bags will be sent out to parents mid June.
- Easy Fundraising – has raised £44.24 and this will continue to be promoted.
- Year 6 will be going to the Chalke Valley History Festival on 27thJune 2017. £427.05 has been paid out by PTFA. AH will prepare a note of what is happening on the day for parents/pupils.
- A family fun run is organised for 11 June 2017. AH and Sarah Junor will be meeing 2nd May to discuss the course. The plan is to have three start times of 9.30am, 10.15am and 11am. All participants will receive a free piece of cake and there will be a refreshments stall on the day.
The PTFA would like to thank Emma Partridge who ran the London Marathon on the 23rd April 2017 for her generous contribution towards the PTFA.
- The camp out is planned for 24 June 2017. This will be organised by a steering committee of SB, NJ and SA. SB has asked LY to contact Rob regarding the tickets. The same ticket and rules will be used as last time and the date will just need to be changed. Pitch fee is £10 and set up will be between 3pm and 5pm. After that there will be no movement of vehicles. NJ will ask Alan Clements to supply breakfast for campers to purchase.
- Summer Fair – planned for 30th June. 4 stalls confirmed. NJ had information about “Disco Bounce” and all agreed for NJ to book and enquire about any other services they could offer. Also mentioned about having an ice cream van and SA will look into this. Sub-Committee of SB, AH, NJ and SA to meet on 19th June to discus finer details.
Any Other Business
AH will continue with Ice Pop Fridays after half term.
AD stated that the New Parents Meeting is to held on 24th May 2017 and asked if any PTFA members could attended. AH and possibly NJ or SB will attend. “We need you” poster to be amended and passed to AD for inclusion in the New Parents Pack. This will also be needed to be forwarded to Lynda French to be handed to any new pupil.
AH to speak to Lynda French about making money on ink cartridge recycling.
SA volunteered to keep the PTFA Facebook page up to date with events and posting any notices.
Date of next meeting –11th July 2017 at 7.30pm a the Two Brewers